Quote of the Day:


"The only keeper of your happiness is you. Stop giving people power to control your smile, your worth and your attitude."

Blog Roll

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Westwood Park Season 1 on Netflix! 0_O

I don't know about you, but sometimes I get serious Westwood Park tabanca...  You do remember Westwood Park, right? 

If you don't, let me tell you... as a West Indian and a Trinidadian I was so proud that we had our very own soap opera!  It began in 1997, the series was true to life, relatable (full of West Indian culture) and showcased some of the best acting and antics the Caribbean had to offer.  Yeah Young and Restless and Bold and Beautiful were good; but Westwood Park was the best!  I'm not sure why they stopped filming but I do remember that coming down to the end it kept getting better and better and then it was gone in 2004...  Since then, ever so often, I would Google Westwood Park to see if I can find any old episodes.

Lo and behold  I decided to search today and Season 1 of Westwood Park is on Netflix! Yes, I said it, Netflix!  There are some 2 minute long shorts on You Tube, but if you enjoyed Westwood Park as much as I did, you know it's worth the subscription or even purchasing the collection on Amazon! 

People, this is your chance to become reacquainted! And if you have no idea what I'm talking about and grew up in the West Indies or know the slightest thing about West Indian culture, I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Nadia

1 comment: