Quote of the Day:


"The only keeper of your happiness is you. Stop giving people power to control your smile, your worth and your attitude."

Blog Roll

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives: Pam's Trinidadian Kitchen

There is a sense of pride I feel when anything West Indian is discovered - or should I say re-discovered- by persons outside of the West Indies. And when fellow West Indian people share their culture with pride.

I recently stumbled upon this video from Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on the Food Network, where the host Guy Fieri visited Pam's Trinidadian Kitchen in Seattle, WA.

This was an awesome segment for me, for three reasons:
1. We have the story of a West Indian Woman following her dreams
2. I learned some tips on making Dhal Puri and Pam mentioned Shadow Beni(which I love)
3. It was so funny hearing Americans pronounce the names of the dishes lol

No comments:

Post a Comment