Quote of the Day:


"The only keeper of your happiness is you. Stop giving people power to control your smile, your worth and your attitude."

Blog Roll

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Soca, Soca and More Soca!

Hello Folks!
So. I got some feedback, that people enjoyed the Christmas Music Marathon (so glad :D) and I figured I have to do something with Soca given the approaching Carnival season....
I decided that I will post some of the latest Soca music I hear and give it a score from 1- 5 (5 being the highest) and give everyone else an chance to give their rating and comments. How does that sound?

First up...

Artist : Bengi (Trinidad)
Song: Iz a Trini
Rating: 5


This song is an anthem! Similar to David Rudder's "Trini to the Bone", it has found a place in the hearts of proud Trinidadians in the few months since its release. Though the lyrics do not provide the more direct imagery and description of Trinbago culture like "Trini to the Bone" does, it has a more up-beat tempo and a series of alliterations that emphasize reasons to be "a proud, proud Trini!" I won't be surprise if non- Trinibagonians fall in love with it too! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment