Quote of the Day:


"The only keeper of your happiness is you. Stop giving people power to control your smile, your worth and your attitude."

Blog Roll

Sunday, April 28, 2013

A Trip to Bottom Bay

I don't recall stating from which West Indian country this amateur photographer originates. I am from Barbados, that little rock the good Lord didn't see fit to squeeze into the archipelago :).

Bottom Bay, St. Phillip, Barbados - Top of the cliff view.

June this year will mark 2 years that I have been back home, since returning from residing in NY for several years. I do not know how to get around my country. I should be ashamed, but as a friend says "Shame is a waste of emotion." Don't get me wrong, I have been driven around a good set of the country, but ask me to find somewhere DRIVING and that is where we encounter some issues.





My friend agreed to be my guinea pig as
as I am working on Portraiture Photography

Since I started working, I felt as though my photography was stagnating. It was depressing me. After all, who buys a DSLR and then their photography stagnates. I decided to kill two birds with 1 stone. Whenever I could, I would borrow one of my parent's cars and drive around the country, taking photos, and learning it as I went along. I had that idea in my head for a while, but was always anti solo missions, however, I was desperate to start shooting again. As luck would have it, a co-worker and friend of mine had just completed her thesis and had some free time on her hands, but nowhere to go. As she is from T&T, I figured she'd like to see the island as well, so I invited her and she agreed. Woot, no more solo missions! Added to that, she had recently obtained a camera herself so it was a win win situation for everyone.






A little splash action in Bottom Bay

The photos showcased here are from our second outing. The location is Bottom Bay, St. Phillip. I had always heard of this location, seen photos online (it's a popular spot for beach weddings), and the last straw was seeing photos from other local photographers. I had to go and get my own. It is well worth the trip. Truly a beautiful area.




The waves were so bubbly! Couldn't help but capture them.
Nothing beats a good Black and White photo.
One of my favs from the outing.



Photos during the "golden hour" are
breathtaking. 

1 comment:

  1. Some great shots Katrina! I'm not sure that you should still call yourself an amateur! :)

    ReplyDelete