Quote of the Day:


"The only keeper of your happiness is you. Stop giving people power to control your smile, your worth and your attitude."

Blog Roll

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A Photographer's Journey


Hi! Kat here, resident “photographer” for the time being. Why the quotation marks you ask? I personally do not think I have earned the title just yet, but I am on a fantastic journey to do so, and wish to share with you. Before I can truly do so, you should have a little background so here goes...

As a child, one of my favourite “toys” was an old Fujifilm (or maybe it was Vivitar like the photo) camera, with no film, but a working viewfinder and flash. 

One of my favourite toys. Inspiration from young?

Roughly 12 years ago, I purchased my first camera, a Kodak 35mm film camera, to capture memories of my first time trip to Canada. Two years afterwards, my first digital camera. Several hundred pictures later, and approximately 6 years ago, I realised and acknowledged my love for photography. Not just “point and shoot” photography, but “oh this would make a wonderful shot” photography.

My very first camera
                            







 I had by this time, accumulated SEVERAL facebook albums. However, I decided to dedicate one specifically to those shots that were artistically appealing, for lack of a better description. I continued my photo snapping ways, but 2 years into my newly discovered love for photography, I managed to get my hands on a dSLR camera and it all went downhill from there. The frequency with which I took photos diminished gradually as my “point and shoot” camera seemed so inadequate. It still managed to help keep my “Amateur Photography” album ticking over, but I felt that I needed to upgrade in order to truly improve on my skills. 
 




Fast forward to last year, 2012. I saved for 6 months and was able to obtain my own dSLR. Finally! Photography “tun up”! The past 9 months with my new toy have been some of the most eye opening in my photography journey. All that I thought I knew, turned out to be just the tip of the iceberg. With the help of some friends (photographers, artists and my human guinea pigs (read: models)), I am slowly delving below the surface and tackling this iceberg known as Photography. Dive with me and enjoy the products of my labour of love. 

Started from the bottom...

...Now we here!

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! I can't wait to see more and learn some tips and tricks for my cupcake photos that I'm struggling with! :D

    ReplyDelete